Our Next Course
September 12-13, 2023 | Virtual
FSO Program Management Course
FSOs need to excel in typical FCL situations, but it’s crucial they develop people skills while effectively managing a secure site as well. The topics we discuss throughout this course will give new and seasoned FSOs the confidence to continue impacting security culture in their roles. FSOs will engage through specific and relatable examples taken from the experiences of security professionals within this industry. Participation is key, as it will help you bridge the gaps of policies and procedures and content application within the FSO role.
FSO Program Management 2-Day Course:
- Course is applicable to the FSO role specifically
- Guides provided for executing various FSO requirements and processes
- Insightful advice for developing people skills
- Specific and relatable examples and mitigations for common FSO pitfalls
- Proven communication topics that directly correlate with security culture
- Bridges gaps between the policies and procedure and the practical application of these within the FSO role
A box with course material will be mailed out prior to the start of the FSO Program Management Course. This box will include a course binder with organized tabs that include the DD 254 form, the Contract Security Classification Specification DD 254 Guidance, the Self-Inspection Handbook for NISP Contractors, as well as the Security Executive Directive Agent Directive #3 (SEAD 3). Additional tabs will be used in the binders for attendees to engage through realistic case scenarios and class/group exercises. A 32 CFR, Part 117 (NISPOM) link will also be provided as a convenient way for FSOs to access important information that is imperative to their role.
- High volume of client interaction
- Exposure to situations ranging from common to infrequent, with a proven track record of resolution tactics for each
- Over 10 years of FSO and professional security management knowledge, with experience in incorporating policy changes over the course of many years
- Focusing on the practical application of an FSO’s responsibilities will produce the kind of security program that can drive change and diminish the threat of depraved outcomes
- Increasing understanding as a security professional by implementing best practices to excel in typical FCL situations
- Developing systematic execution for security reviews and audits, insider threat programs, as well as increase confidence in the role as FSO
- Activating keen awareness within security management that will increase overall performance in a security culture, which will elevate people skills to effectively manage a secured site
- Security management skills and people skills go hand in hand
- Interacting with stakeholders and creating an ongoing synergetic culture
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for active or aspiring FSOs that are seeking guidance to perform at a high level in this demanding yet rewarding role. The knowledge gained through this course will set you apart from other FSOs, as you will not only develop the skills necessary to manage a secured site, but also be equipped to communicate and collaborate effectively with people and personnel within security culture management.
- Take personality and behavioral assessment
- FSO STEPP courses
- Prepare for an audit
- Apply guidelines and accountability standards for the DD 254
- Consider and review the Insider Threat Program
- Conduct a self-inspection
- Security management best practices
- Cultivating security culture
- FSO pitfalls
- We currently host our two-day courses virtually, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. PST
- We can host customized courses anywhere in the United States, in accordance with the location's state and regional COVID-19 guidelines
- May 16-17, 2023
- September 12-13, 2023
We understand that situations can change. Returns for purchases with valid proof of purchase will be exchanged, refunded (to original form of payment), or issued credit for a future course. Full refunds are available for cancellations up to three (3) weeks prior to the scheduled course, with the return of unused, in good condition, course materials. Return shipping is at purchaser’s expense. Cancellations within three (3) weeks of the scheduled course date will receive a credit to take the course at a later date, within twelve (12) months. Returns are not offered for digital content, on-demand content, webinars, online certifications, and memberships.
It is sometimes necessary to change the dates of a class or to cancel a class. Registrants are contacted at the earliest opportunity and no later than three (3) weeks before the scheduled course date in the event of a scheduling change or cancellation.