On-Demand Course Available Now!
FSOs need to excel in typical FCL situations, but it’s crucial they develop people skills while effectively managing a secure site as well. The topics we discuss throughout this course will give FSOs the confidence to continue impacting security culture in their roles. FSOs will engage through specific and relatable examples taken from the experiences of security professionals within this industry. Engagement is key, as it will help you bridge the gaps of policies and procedures and content application within the FSO role.
- Course is applicable to the FSO role specifically
- Guides provided for executing various FSO requirements and processes
- Insightful advice for developing people skills
- Specific and relatable examples and mitigations for common FSO pitfalls
- Bridges gaps between the policies and procedure and the practical application of these within the FSO role
Students will have access to digital downloads that will be used to navigate through each module. Downloads include the current DD 254 form, the Contract Security Classification Specification DD 254 Guidance, the Self-Inspection Handbook for NISP Contractors, as well as the Security Executive Agent Directive (SEAD 3). Also included in the digital downloads are self-paced exercises that will help students apply what they have learned in a particular module. A 32 CFR, Part 117 (NISPOM) link will also be provided as a convenient way for FSOs to access important information that is imperative to their role.
- High volume of client interaction
- Exposure to common situations and atypical problems with a proven track record of resolution tactics for each
- More than three years of FSO and professional security management knowledge, with experience in incorporating policy changes over the course of many years
Students who take this course will:
- Focus on the practical application of an FSO’s responsibilities in order to produce the kind of security program that can drive change, diminish threats and achieve desired outcomes
- Increase understanding as a security professional by implementing best practices to excel in typical FCL situations
- Develop systematic execution for security reviews and audits, insider threat programs, as well as increased confidence in the role as FSO
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for FSOs that are seeking guidance to perform at a high level in this demanding yet rewarding role. The knowledge gained through this course will set you apart from other FSOs, as you will not only develop the skills necessary to manage a secure site, but also be equipped to communicate and collaborate effectively with people and personnel within security culture management.
- FSO STEPP courses
- Prepare for an audit
- Apply guidelines and accountability standards for the DD 254
Consider and review the Insider Threat Program
Conduct a self-inspection
- Security management best practices
- $199 (full course)
- Learning Methods: Work at your own pace and on your schedule. Start once you receive your login credentials. The class is approximately 2.5 course hours.
- Select individual training topic(s)
- $49 per training topic
- Learning Methods: Work at your own pace and on your schedule. Start once you receive your login credentials. Timing varies per topic.
HOW IS THE ON-DEMAND COURSE TAUGHT?
- Videos by topic, self-paced
- 3 months access
- Approximately 2.5 total course hours (full course)
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Your course begins immediately after you enroll.
ARE THERE ANY REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE?
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook
- Must use a desktop or laptop browser
- Must be able to receive 3rd party video stream
HOW DOES IT WORK:
- You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can progress through the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period. Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion via email.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE EACH LESSON?
- There is no time limit to complete course content, other than completing all content within the allotted 3 month access period.
DOES THE COURSE INCLUDE INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS?
Yes. All instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and are available in the download section of the course platform.
ON-DEMAND ACCESS POLICY
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.
We understand that situations can change. Returns for purchases with valid proof of purchase will be exchanged, refunded (to original form of payment), or issued credit for a future course. Full refunds are available for cancellations up to three (3) weeks prior to the scheduled in-person course, with the return of unused, in good condition, course materials. Return shipping is at purchaser’s expense. Cancellations within three (3) weeks of the in-person course date will receive a credit to take the course at a later date, within twelve (12) months. Returns are not offered for digital content, on-demand content, webinars, online certifications, and memberships.